Friday, December 31, 2010

Girls Who Wear Glasses: A Tribute to Bookworms

We show off our books like merit badges because we are proud of the ideas we have ingested and as we should be, to display what has inspired us.

I must admit it has been a while since I have had the time to pick up a good book and simply READ! Thankfully, I've been handballed a paperback that I cannot put down.

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, by Jonathan Safran Foer is the type of fiction that pulls you into the world of its pages from the very first. Spontaneous laughter and empathetic sighs you will experience in an almost circular motion as the heart-rending story of a little boy coping with 'heavy boots' will have you
fighting back the tears - happy and sad.

I beg you bookworms... please add Safran Foer to your bookshelves, he will bring joy to your collection and if you are yet to start one, be the perfect welcome to The Girls Who Wear Glasses Club!
Happy Reading
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment